Journals

The Rev William MacNicol, BD, Longforgan

This refers to a recent re-ordering of the Chapel of Garioch, built in 1812.  A photograph of the chancel is provided earlier in the issue.

Reference: Volume 01 1928-29 p87

No Author Specified

the reason for the publication of the Annual;
an explanation of the Calendar;
a note about the Lindisfarne Gospels, now in the British Museum;
an announcement of the publication of Services for Holy Week and Easter, prepared by the Rt. Rev Dr Norman Maclean;
a comment on the over-elaborate arrangements at marriages;
a report of alterations to the east end of St Columba’s Church, London;
a description of a new Communion Table cloth at St Paul’s, Greenock;
an extract from a Pastoral Letter by Bishop Ken relating to Lent;
a collect with animals as its subject;
a note about the practice of singing a Vesper after the Benediction;
a comment about the state of Church music.

Reference: Volume 01 1928-29, p92
AttachmentSize
PDF icon Notes and Comments2.9 MB

No Author Specified

The Lindisfarne Gospels, A Page from  -  Frontispiece
The Holy Table - Linton and Hoselaw  -   Facing page 40
The Holy Table - St Paul’s, Greenock  -   Facing page 41
Paisley Abbey  -  Facing page 56
St Columba’s Church, London  -   Facing page 57
Dalmeny Church - The Sanctuary  -   Facing page 80
Dalmeny Church - Keystones  -   Facing page 81
The Church of Chapel of Garioch  -   Facing page 81

Reference: Volume 01 1928-29
AttachmentSize
PDF icon illustrations1.95 MB

Pages