The author (Minister of the church) explains how it came to be built where it was, that the first Minister had two transepts added, by 1860 it moved from Chapel of Ease to Parish Church. By June 1865 it had an organ. The church was reconstructed in 1895 and details of the interior are listed as are the names of the Ministers from 1856.
Skelmorlie and Wemyss Bay: South Parish Church
Volume 37 1967, p22