The article marks the quin-centenary of this collegiate church, founded in 1429, one of 41 such foundations with a constitution similar to that of a cathedral. It was much altered in 1646, 'restored' by William Burn in 1828 and something of its original state recovered in 1905. The author's description of the building includes reference to the services laid down for the college of clergy, an early example of Arabic numerals, and the lamp which guided pilgrims from the east.
The Collegiate Church of St John the Baptist, Corstorphine
Volume 03 1930-31, p3